Best Treatment For Vaginal Dryness New York NY
Vagina's health plays a significant role in women's overall health. A healthy vagina is one that is covered with a thick layer of fluid, that keeps it lubricated and elastic. This fluid is maintained by the female hormone estrogen. When this estrogen level decreases, less moisture is secreted due to less cell, this can be termed as vaginal dryness basic explanation.
Vaginal dryness and pain can occur for many reasons but it is the genitourinary syndrome of menopause. A dry vagina can cause burning, itching, spotting, and pain during intercourse, and very often urinary tract infection is the consequence. This is called vaginal atrophy. It is said one out of every three women go through this phase and 90% of women don't bother to seek treatment.
4 Best Treatments For Vaginal Dryness
Topical Estrogen Therapy
This is the most common solution. There are 3 vaginal estrogens, people opt-in in their best interest.
- Ring (Estring): A soft ring is placed inside the vagina which continuously releases estrogen directly into the tissues to maintain its moisture. The ring has to be changed after 3months.
- Tablet (veggies): A tablet is inserted into the vagina. For the initial 2 weeks, you place the tablet once a day and after two weeks of treatment, the tablet is placed twice a week until your problem is solved.
- Cream (Estrace, Premarin): A cream is applied to the vagina with an applicator to address the changes. It is a quick and effective way to relieve symptoms and curtail bloodstream exposure to estrogen.
Over The Counter Treatments:
Secondly over counter treatments include water-based lubricants and moisturizers to retain the moisture, avoid pain, and peaceful enjoyable sex.
- Water-based lubricants: Astroglide, K-Y Jelly, Sliquid, others are some lubricants that are used right before sex to evade pain and have wonderful sex. The choice should be inclined towards products that are glycerin-free and products that don't have warming properties as some women are sensitive and can endure irritation. Moreover, if you are using condom do not use petroleum jelly or petroleum product because they might break latex condom if come in touch. Jojoba, coconut oil, vitamin E suppositories, aloe vera comes under the category of natural lubricants that can be applied to soothe the genital area.
- Vaginal moisturizers: K-Y Liquibeads, Replens, Sliquid, others can be used as moisturizers to avoid dryness and retain moisture. Moisturizers can be applied after every 2 to 3 days as they are said to have lasting effects compare to lubricants.
Natural Remedies For Vaginal Dryness
- Diet: Maintaining a healthy body weight can help you along with you should add food that contains estrogen or phytoestrogens such as soybean, nuts, soy products, or flaxseed. Have an adequate amount of water to keep you hydrated and minimize caffeine and alcohol.
- Exercise: Regularly exercising can help you to keep fit by increasing blood flow and likewise aid in stable your hormones. As for a beginner's, walk for 30 minutes for 5 days a week and you can gradually increase time and see results.
- Personal care products: pH balance products should be used instead of fragrant products such as perfume, soap, powder, or other douches as they are chemical-based and therefore can result in irritation burning, and vagina dryness.
- Active sex
- Give up smoking
Whatever are the causes and the treatments of vaginal dryness, one should consider self-comfort and well-being priority. Therefore to alleviate symptoms of vaginal dryness which eventually every woman has to go through visit women's health and contact Dr. Carolyn DeLucia M.D and get away with her problem.